Thursday, February 7, 2013

journal 14

 Holden values Allie's mitt. Write about an artifact that means that much to you. Include details like what it is, what it looks like, where you got it, how long you've have it, where you keep it, who you show it to, why it's important to you, etc

I have these little porcelain statues of little girls holding numbers, i have 12 of them and each holds a number from 1 to 12. My grandma used to buy me one every year for my birthday and i got the number the figure was holding on the day i turned that age. My grandma gave me my first 11 of them and she had bought the 12 one but passed away from cancer before giving it to me on my birthday but had given it and a card to my mom to give to me on my 12th birthday. I keep them in my moms curio cabinet that is in our dinning room. And i don't show anyone them, and no one has ever noticed them and asked what they were. There important to me because it was something special from my grandma and i cherish it because i know ill never get the rest of the collection because she passed away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment